12.18.2009

Getting a new SSS ID...

Boy meets girl.. fell in love and eventually got married. Ms. Girl becomes Mrs. Boy. And what comes next? The need to change documents, ID's, etc., to her brand new surname!

So more than two years after getting hitched, it is only now that I've completed changing my ID's to my married name. Well, di ko pa rin napalitan ang credit card ko. Kakainis kasi, may Php400 charge sa HSBC pag magpapalit ng name na nakaengrave sa credit card. Eh pambili ko din yun ng damit noh. But all of my valid ID's (goverment-issued IDs) are now "married named". Yipee.

Yesterday, my office mate cum friend V, went to SSS in San Juan to have our pics taken for the SSS ID. Nope, it's not my first time to avail of such. I just wanted to finally have it changed to my married name. As for my friend, it's her first time at napipilitan lang sya dahil baka ma-salary deduction sya ng maternity benefit that the company advanced for her. Di makareimburse si company coz she doesn't have an ID...

So you might ask, why the hell in San Juan. I live in the south and I work in Makati. Gusto ko bang mamasyal kaya dun pa kami nagpunta?

I found out from the blog of a former officemate, neva, that only a few branches have the ID capture facility. And all our located outside of Makati. To my horror, sa Quezon City (Diliman) ata pinakaorganized. #1, malayo ang QC at di ako sanay dun and #2, you have to go back twice-one for the sked of your pic taking and two for the actual picture taking. Buti na lang, I checked w/ SSS San Juan. Aside from it's much nearer, you only have to go one time to have everything accomplished (except maybe kung late ka dumating at mahaba na ang pila kaya di ka na makaabot).

And so I dragged my officemate there yesterday. We were there before 8am, before it's opening time. Pwede ng pumila kahit di pa open. And since konti pa lang ang tao, #3 and #4 kami sa ID capture. We were done before 9am. The ID's will be mailed to us. Sabi after 3 months sya makukuha. But just read again from neva's blog that hers took 6 months to arrive. But it's ok. At least I'm done with it!

1 comment:

neva | manilamommy said...

hi trixie :D thanks for linking my blog. for our id's naipit kami sa backlog ng sss daw thus the 6 month wait hehe -- turns out that only the east ave branch was the only one processing all the ids.